Tuesday 24 September 2013

#re3 - Glass Houses

Another day, another #re3. And today, I am starting my first book in my Morganville Challenge, Glass Houses. I first read this last year (review's here if you wanna read it) but here is my reread of it, so... here we go!

WHY DID YOU REREAD GLASS HOUSES?
I reread Glass Houses as I won the near-complete Morganville Vampires series and I decided it would be fun to try and read the series. But this would mean rereading Glass Houses. I was planning to read it at the end, but decided to read it first.

WHAT WAS YOUR HONEST OPINION WHEN YOU FIRST READ THIS BOOK?
I liked it, but I didn't love it. I didn't like how the issue of bullying was tackled and, I think at the time, I had my fill of vampires so I liked it less than I think I would have been.

WHAT IS YOUR HONEST OPINION NOW THAT YOU HAVE REREAD THIS BOOK?
I much prefer reading Glass Houses this time round than when I read it last year. I'm not sure why, but I think I'm ready to read vampires again so reading Glass Houses is a nice step back into the fanged world. It felt more gripping to read it this time round.


IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SAY?
The last 50 or so pages were fast-paced. I lost sleep reading those pages. And the last chapter! That last chapter!

I still get Shane and Michael mixed up. Hopefully, reading The Dead Girls' Dance will help me get them straight in my head.

BECAUSE OF THIS BOOK, WILL YOU READ ANY OTHER BOOK WITHIN THE SERIES?
Yes, I will. After reading that last chapter (that last page! I remembered this ending halfway through this book, but I forgot how tense it was when I reread it!), I'm pretty certain I will be reading Dead Girls' Dance sooner than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. I *LOVE* this series! It's so gripping and fantastic and .. I don't know, there's just something about it. And it definitely gets better after book 3. Yeah, there are things that bother me about it, a couple of "meh" books here and there, some YA tropes that grate on me, but the rest MORE than makes up for that. Can't wait to see how it ends. D:

    ReplyDelete