Wednesday 3 July 2013

GoodRead - Pros & Cons

This came as a surprise read for me. Randomly, on Twitter, I saw some people tweeting about "The Heist" and I went "What's this heist you guys are all about?". Was quickly brought up to speed. The Heist is the first book in a new series co-authored by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg. Janet is the writer of the Stephanie Plum series and Lee is a scriptwriter, TV producer and is an author of several books based of TV shows such as Monk. And this book is about the FBI and con artists. CON ARTISTS! I love cons! And this book seems fluffy and fun (and I am loving fun and fluffy reads at the moment). And the lovely Caitlin sent me a copy of this so THANK YOU! I shall be, hopefully, reviewing this in the coming weeks with some other exciting reads that I can NOT wait to read!

So, while I read the press release, I discovered that there was an eNovella prequel. And, as a taster to see if I was going to gel with the series, I decided to buy this and have a quick read.

Set two years before The Heist (aka the first book in the O'Hare and Fox series), FBI special agent Kate O'Hare has made it her mission to hunt down and bring down international con artist, Nicholas Fox. When she discovers that Nicholas is posing as a wedding planner for "King of Hostile Takeover", Kate knows she's 85% that's Merrill Stubing is actually Nicholas Fox..

Expect, she's only 85% sure. She needs now to convince her boss, Chicago penthouse security and, up to a point, herself. And if she can get into the building, how will she caught Nicholas without disrupting the wedding. And what will happen when the two come face to face?

I really liked this story. It was fun and fluffy. A good summer read. This is a good teaser for people who are unsure if they're going to like The Heist. But I enjoyed this as I read this in one day so reading The Heist is gonna be interesting for me. And, already, I have ideas on whether or not Kate O'Hare and Nicholas Fox will get together/get it on (all I see in my head is Richard Castle and Kate Beckett [aka Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic] from the TV show Castle in my head...). But this series, I sense, is going to be a lot of fun for me to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment