Wednesday 24 April 2013

The Book Sacrifice YouTube Tag


I saw this #Tag on YouTube as I follow GingerBookNerd (aka @JeffreyWest as I know him on Twitter), and after watching this video, I went and watched the original and a few of the people who replied (videos will be below this paragraph) and I knew I had to put this on my blog. I just knew. So, watch the videos to understand what I am about to do...


Watched them? Ok. So, basically, we all have books we hate. Yes, even us book bloggers. We are only human. So, we have 4 situations and we have to sacrifice a book to save ourselves.

Please note that this is meant to be fun and sharing our dislike over certain books as we ALL have a book that we CAN NOT STAND! So, please, don't take this serious and if I answer with a book you adore, don't bash me as this is MY OPINION.

We good? Ok. Let's do this!

1) An Over-Hyped book: Let's start this off with a Zombie Apocalypse! Let's say you're in a book store, just browsing, when BAM! ZOMBIE ATTACK! An announcement comes over the PA System saying that the military has discovered that the zombies' only weakness is over-hyped books. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you really hated do you start chucking at the zombies knowing that it will count as an over-hyped book and successfully wipe them out?!
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Just... I don't know how to explain why this book would save me from zombies. But it would. I mean, breathable gel. BREATHABLE GEL! And then, after the whole book, we don't get the answer to what the lost symbol/word is! (and all I have now in my head is a scene from the Waking Dead but in a library. ZOMBIES READING!)

2) A Sequel: Let's say you've just left the salon with a SMASHING new haircut and BOOM: Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?

Out of all the question, this is the toughie! I don't want to go to my Goodreads and look up sequels that I give only one or two stars over, because that's cheating and I want my answers to be my first answer. The book that pop into my head straight away. And, after a lot of thought, my answer to this is Drowned Wednesday by Garth Nix. This is the third book in the series and why I really like the series (I think my review of the final book in the series, Lord Sunday, is on the blog somewhere deep in the past when I was just making this up as I went along), I pick Drowned Wednesday because of one reason and one reason alone. I never finished the book. I got a few chapters in and I just lost interest. No idea why. I just fell out of it. I am planning to read it sometime this year but yeah.. this would be my choice. But I doubt it would save my new haircut as, the UK publication is quite small (that or I have a very fat head/brain). 


3) A Classic: Let's say you're in a lecture and your English teacher is going on and on about how this classic changed the world, how it revolutionized literature and you get so sick of it that you chuck the classic right at his face because you know what? This classic is stupid and it's worth detention just to show everyone how you feel! What Classic did you chuck?
As some of you are aware, I don't really read classics. And I have this "fear" of classics (let's not go there, shall we, dear reader?). So am torn over this answer between my answer and another classic I recent read a few months ago. But my answer for this is The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis. It's just the Christian overtones. It feels like it's been forced down your throat. And let's not go anywhere near the sexism issue I have...

4) Your least favourite book of life!: Let's say that you're hanging out at the library when BAM global warming explodes and the world outside becomes a frozen wasteland. You're trapped and your only chance for survival is to burn a book. What is the book you first run to, your least favourite book of all life, what book do you not fully regret lighting?
I don't even need to think about this one! Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell. I know this is a fairly thin book so this won't keep me warm for long (I really should grab The Complete Works of Shakespeare or Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke as they are THICK!) but oh, this book! The main issue I had with this book (as some of you are aware) is the overuse of the word says. He says this. She says that. There are other words than says!

That, in a weird twisted way, was fun. I think we should be more open about books we dislike or don't get along with (wihout bashing it to Kingdom come). If you want to do one of these your own, please do so. You can blog it or vlog it (I would say vlog it so we see your beautiful faces! I didn't as my camera scares me!) and link it to any of the vlogs above or my blogpost.

There's one other YouTube Tag I wanna do for you guys. Not sure when I'll do that, though, as it needs patience and time for it. I wanna show a LOT of photos in that one...

1 comment:

  1. I did this tag too: https://thecemeteryofbook.blogspot.ro/2016/11/tag-book-sacrifice_26.html. It was awesome >:D<

    ReplyDelete