Thursday 24 May 2012

GoodRead - The Match In The Tank

SURPRISE! A quick review about a short story that you guys will probably read within half an hour on your ereader.

In Edward Hogan's short story, we follow the life of a stuntman. A man who throws himself off cliffs, in front of cars, under trains for a living. And she, his girlfriend, doesn't mind. It's thrilling... at first. But she knows it will only be a matter of time before the inevitable hits...

When I saw this on Amazon while I was trying to find one of Edward's adult novels, the Hunger Trace, I couldn't believe. I had to tweet Ed to confirm, which he did. And I was surprised how quickly I flew through this short story (but isn't that the point of a short story? To be fast?)

And with short stories, you don't get much detail. But that's to be expected, people. I really like this shorts I read it in two 15 minute sitting (and the second sitting was reading info about Shortfire Press, which was interesting... weirdly, as I discovered its Submission section. Let's say I started plotting short story ideas that will NEVER see the light of day.)

But I like this and this makes me want to read Hunger Trace more. I just need to find time!

No comments:

Post a Comment