Sunday 12 September 2010

GoodRead - The Haunted

Last year, I wrote a tiny review about "The Hollow" by Jessica Verday (click here if you wanna read it)and I said that I really liked it and would read the sequel (it's part of a trilogy).

Well, here's the sequel, "The Haunted". When I first heard the title, I got excited. Oh, the creepy factor! And then, I saw the UK cover. Am going to admit this - I'm not a great lover of pink. What can I say? I'm a guy!

Of course, never judge a book by it's cover. Must remember that saying!

Sorry, sidetracked! Anyway, the story takes place several months after the events of Hollow and, Abbey has done everything she can to reclaim her sanity and get over Caspian. So, when she returns home, she throws herself into her perfume making, into her tutoring from Ben to help her make up for the schooling she's missed and tries to move on from the grief she still feels over Kristen's death and the hollowness she feels from Caspian's absence. But ... well, let's just say things don't go according to plan...

I really like this trilogy. And Abbey grew as a character. And we got to see more Ben (a request I made in my first review!) as well as the rest of the characters, though I would have like to see more of Nikolas and Katy (but they had their part to play so am happy about that!) It's not like Twilight and Vampire Diaries (I'm guessing because never read the books! Sorry!) with it all going 100 miles per hours, and that's one of the reasons why, I think, I like it. You take your time to discover things...

And now, with Jessica adding new characters (I like Beth, I do!) and one or two of them not all what they seem, it looks like the third and final book in the trilogy will be one interesting read...

Oh, I forgot to say, this book has funny moments (hence why I loved Ben!), but one chapter will awesome. I tweeted Jessica about it. (It's Chapter 7 - An Embarrassment). I wonder how many teens have gone through what Abbey went through in that chapter... heeheehee...

I await the third and final book in the trilogy. I hope I don't wait too long...

*

Okay, I know usually put a music track I relate to the book. But, I can't think of any! None jump to mind! Sorry. I still see "Raven Hair" by Michael Dashow linked to the series. So, when in doubt, go to the author! She said, on her website, that the Haunted's Official Theme Song is "She Moves Through The Fair" by Skully - (I believe it's an Irish folk song, but don't hold me to that!) - so am going to use that...



No comments:

Post a Comment