Thursday 27 July 2017

Mini Book Review - Professional Crocodile

When I was asked to read this by Chronicle Books, there was one reason why I said yes. The cover. I mean, LOOK AT IT! IT'S A CROCODILE PICKING OUT A TIE TO WEAR FOR WORK! A CROCODILE WEARING A TIE!!! That's all. Nothing else. I had to read this because of the crocodile and him deciding what tie to wear today!

Anyway, moving on, Professional Crocodile is a wordless picture book that follows a crocodile's morning. He gets up, brushes his teeth, eats a slice of toast and makes his way to work. Where he works might surprise some readers...

This was wonderful. There is no other way to describe it. It was charming. The story was simple and very everyday (which makes it more wonderful) and the illustrations were the highlight of the book.

Children will love this book and will be looking at people on their travels, trying to spot the crocodile going to and from work.

To prove my point, let me show you some of my fave illustrations...




ALSO, if you do ever see a hardback copy, take off the dust jacket. It reveals what the professional crocodile dreams of and it's possibly my favourite illustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment