Sunday 1 February 2015

I'm Nominated?!


So, I was having a good day today, scaring Twitter like I do when I saw author Holly Smale (author of Geek Girl, a book I haven't read yet), asking where my booky pal, Stevie from SableCaught was on the UKYA Book Blogger Awards Shortlist. As I hadn't seen the list, I tweet hugged her. Only to get a reply back saying, "I voted for you, Andrew." Wait. Wait! Are you... are you saying I'm on this list?


*goes to check shortlist out* Oh crap. I'm on the shortlist. Under THREE CATEGORIES!!!


HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW?! WHO DO I NEED TO SEND MY CHEQUE TO FOR "OFFICIALLY" MAKING ME ONE OF THE SHORTLIST?!

But, seriously, I am shocked and super thrilled to be nominated! I honestly thought I wasn't going to be nominated or considered as... well... let's be honest, shall we? My blog isn't the biggest or the coolest book blog out so to be nominated under three categories is just... I don't know what to feel!

But thank you. Thank you so much.

Oh, for those of you not sure on what the UKYA Book Bloggers Awards are, they are awards (the brainchild of Faye from daydreamerthoughts.co.uk) where members of the public (aka you lot) voted. This is not to be confused with another UKYA Book Blogger Award (set up by author Andy Robb) where nominatees are chosen by people within the publishing industry.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't know who was nominateed within this other UKYA Book Blogger Awards post. Hang on...

Oh crap. OH CRAP! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! THIS SHORTLIST HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND I ONLY DISCOVER I'M ON IT NOW!!!


Oh dear God. Ok... mustn't freak out... DON'T FREAK OUT, ANDREW!!!!

*goes away from laptop to make calming mug of tea*

Ok, am back. So, that was unexpected.

Just... wow. wow and thank you.

Ok (I know I'm saying ok a lot in the post but am freaking out and trying not to freak out more than I am!), I need to give you links and lie down.

So, under UKYA Book Blogger Awards (which I originally was writing this blog post about), I am nominated under 3 categories: Best Male Blogger, Most Enthusiastic and Most Fun Blogger.

And under the other UKYA Book Blogger Awards (which I only just discovered now, and I think I'm not actually nominated [thank goodness]), I am up for the "your vote" thingy of "Vote for the blogger who has been most active in supporting the UKYA blogging community". Most active? Wait, you mean, as in doing that awful think called exercise...?


Ok, am going to go now before I panic.

So, if you want to vote for the UKYA Book Blogger Awards (where I'm nominated for 3 categories - my brain still doesn't understand with me writing those words), please go to  http://daydreamersthoughts.co.uk/ukya-book-blogger-awards-shortlist-voting/#more-9204 or if you want to vote for the other UKYA Book Blogger Awards (the one I discovered in the past ten minutes), go to http://ukyabloggerawards.co.uk/?page_id=36.

Vote for whoever you want, please (I'm not going to order you to vote for me. That's not sportperson like nor is it kind).

I believe both polls/awards/I-don't-know-what-to-call-them run out soonish, run. RUN THERE NOW!!!


Before I go, as I am called "fun" (a typo, surely!), I shall leave you with this and I will not hide in the corner and take DEEP BREATHS!!!

Murder She Wrote - The Many Epiphanies Of Jessica Fletcher by Isaac Royffe from Isaac Royffe on Vimeo.

PS - I doubt I will win anything, but I promise to do my best Gwyneth Paltrow crying acceptance speech if I do. I have to. Stevie from SableCaught said she wants to direct me in that video... therefore, I MUSTN'T WIN! I mean, do you want to watch me do this?


2 comments:

  1. It is well deserved Andrew. *claps*
    Wishing you all the luck in both voting rounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *claps happily*

    ReplyDelete