Monday 26 January 2015

GoodRead - Harry Potter: The Creature Vault

Of course, I was going to have this book, my dear blog readers. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I asked for it for Christmas (thank you bro-in-law!).

The Creature Vault looks into the creatures that featured into the Harry Potter movies and shows concept art, behind the scene photos and film stills as well as an in depth description of the creature and how the creature came to be...

I said this before in my review of The Art of Disney's Frozen, I love these types of books. They are a rare treat for me and when I got Harry Potter: Page to Screen, it took me around six months to read as I wanted to take my time over it. I wanted to adsorb it.

But with this, I sped through within the course of one evening. I devoured it and loved every second. Like I said, I like these types of books when I read them.

There is a tiny section in Harry Potter: Page to Screen that touches on this (The Creature Shop Compendium) and images are used in both books, but I feel that the information has been expanded on a lot more and there's a lot more art and photos in this. It was just interesting to see how little concept art was revealed in both Harry Potter: Page to Screen and Harry Potter: The Creature Vault. I could very easily have had this book just filled with art and I wouldn't have cared!

My only real nitpick of a problem is that, within the book, it used the America title of the first movie - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, not Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (which is what it is known world-wide). I wonder why this wasn't amended for territories outside the United States...

I think this is a really good book to give insight to how the creatures were created in the Harry Potter movies, and I love it (Hello? Harry Potter fan speaking!). I think I will show you some art within this book and try and hide you from that hideous Grindylow drawing...

 



Ok, I lied. If I had a mini start when I saw it, then so are you!

No comments:

Post a Comment