Saturday 29 November 2014

GoodRead - Cold Wind

I started this yesterday and finished is on the way to Walker Books's Bookish Brunch (not read my post of that yet? Go here, my friends). I wasn't ready to get into a novel is my excuse. I wanted to read something to stop me falling into a reading slump...

This story starts in a bar. A woman walks in one wintery night. She's searching for something... or someone...

Now, I'm not 100% certain how I feel about it. I liked it, but it didn't bowl me over. I think, while I liked the style of the story - fairytale but not at the same time - I got confused over it. And while one of the things was explained, I felt that there was a few things that weren't tied up or explained very well...

Maybe I'm being picky. Like I said, I was reading something to help me not fall into a reading slump and while this is ok for something to past the time, it just wasn't enough for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment