Wednesday 12 March 2014

GoodRead - Hog In The Fog

It's rare for me to review picture books. I know that's a weird thing to say but it is VERY rare. But when at the Faber Bloggers Event earlier in the year, Faber revealed their picture books throughout the year (only four), everyone in the room went nuts over them. So, when the lovely Hannah from Faber asked if I wanted to review them, I jumped at the chance! 

This will be a mini-review, so I hope everyone doesn't mind this isn't a full blown review!

This is the story of Candy Stripe Lil, and her friend, Harry the Hog, who lives over the hill. One foggy day, Lil is expecting Harry over for tea but when he doesn't arrive, Lil goes in search for him... 

There is something about this story that reminds me of The Gruffalo. I can't put my finger of what it is, but there is something that instantly made me smile as the story kept going. And the illustrations are wonderful! I love how Eunyoung Seo drew the fog and the creatures. 

I think little ones will love this. If it's not the illustrations enthralled your little ones, the rhyming will! 

No comments:

Post a Comment