Wednesday 26 February 2014

GoodRead - Die For Her

After reading Legend (review here!), I wanted to read something super fast and slightly romantic over the Valentine weekend before I dive head-first into Cress by Marissa Meyer and a few other reads. So it was this or Life Before Legend so I decided, impulsively, to read Die For Her.

Which might have been a bad move but am going to explain why in a tick.

Die For Her follows revenant Jules, best friend to Vincent, throughout the first two books within the Die for Me trilogy, Die for Me and Until I Die. As Vincent slowly falls for Kate, Jules worries for his friend and for his fellow revenants. But as he gets to know Kate, something happens to him that Jules doesn't see coming...

Ok, as I stated in the previous paragraph, this follows Jules through the first two books in twish he series, so if you haven't read the first two books in the series, AVOID! As I read the first and forgot to read books 2 and 3, I should have listened to fellow book bloggers advice a few months/years back when I bought this and NOT READ IT! FOOLISH MORTAL, I AM!

But, saying that, I really enjoyed reading this. I forgot how much I enjoyed reading Amy's writing. It was so easy for me to slip back into this world, even though I read Die For Me YEARS AGO (yes, years! I read Die For Me back in 2011 - so over 2 years ago!!!). And it's Paris - If you remember my review for Die For Me (review here if you haven't), I love Paris. Never been but I REALLY WANT TO GO! It's one of those places I want to go that's on my bucket list (Paris, Rome, New York to name three).

It made me wish I have read the whole series. Maybe I should run back and read the whole series. Or should I wait and scare Amy's new novel, After The End... Decisions, Decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment