Saturday 8 June 2013

GoodRead - Son of Sobek

REJOICE FANS OF PERCY JACKSON AND KANE CHRONICLES FANS! I know there's a few of you out there (and yes, I need to read these series. The Kane Chronicles is calling to me. I mean, EGYPTIAN GODS! I love Egyptian Gods - my fave was/is Osiris, God of the Afterlife, Underworld and of the Dead) so this eNovella makes these two worlds crash together.

Carter Kane is aware that something weird is happening. A rumour of a monster on Long Island. As he goes to investigate, not only does he meet the beast (and promptly get eaten by the beast), but he's saved by a boy called Percy. And... er... let's say they don't hit it off.

As I am a new fan to Rick Riordan, I really enjoyed this short story. I think some fans of these series will love this as this crossover has been wanted for... since the series existed (though I'm sure someone said there's a moment in the third and final book in the Kane Chronicles, The Serpent's Shadow, where there MIGHT have been a character or two from the Percy Jackson series...) but the characters ACTUALLY spoke to each other. And fought together... and at each other.

I think fans of the series will LOVE this (though it could be longer) and with hints that we haven't seen the last of these two characters meeting up... BRING IT ON! Now, I must actually read the Rick Riordan books I have on my Kindle...

No comments:

Post a Comment