Thursday 21 July 2011

Meet The Blogger - Hannah Writes Stuff

Hello again! Another Thursday, another Meet The Blogger post. This week, please welcome Hannah from Hannah Writes Stuff. Check her blog at
http://hannahrenowden.wordpress.com/!
Now, off we go with the answers to those all important questions...

When did you start blogging?
Actually, it was about a year ago so I guess this must be my birth-blog-day!

What made you start blogging?
I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but had let it slip. Blogging seemed to be a good way to get me back into the habit. I may not go on to make millions from it, but blogging means I’m writing regularly about the things I love (or not) and have met some great people through it. I now also have a plump portfolio ready and waiting should Vogue make that call!

What was the first book you reviewed for your blog and what was your reaction to it?
My first review was for the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness, as someone in my (ah-hem late) 20s I was a bit snobby about teen fiction but my friends insisted I read it and I was blown away. I then started picking up more teen fiction and was hooked! I now recommend a trip to the teen section to all my book buying friends!

When was the first time you realised you were a Book Blogger?
I wouldn’t say I was 100% just a book blogger, but as a blogger and a book lover the two were bound to come together. Probably when people started buying the books I blogged about, I thought then that maybe I was doing something right.

How much of your time a week do you spend blogging?
When I’m not physically typing, I’m thinking about blogging; making lists of topics, starting posts on the tube – blogging is a 24hr a day thing! If you aren’t writing them, you’re reading them!

Has your taste in book genres changed since starting the blog?
I have started reading a lot more teen fiction as I think it’s a niche that isn’t really covered in the sense of an adult reading and reviewing teen books for other adults. I hope to do a lot more of that.

What book are you reading at the moment?
I'm currently reading Blow by Blow, the biography of style icon Isabella Blow. I love fashion and Blow was Gaga long before Stefanie! It’s a really good read for anyone who’s a fashionista!

What book has got you very excited or made you cry?
Divergent by Veronica Roth had me on the edge of my seat! Fans of The Hunger Games will love it. I think I finished it in two sittings, which for me is good going as I read so slowly! Also Tom Clempson’s One Seriously Messed Up Week – never have I needed to know the cure for hiccups so much! The book that made me cry recently is My Sister Lives on The Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher, it’s a really beautiful book, humorous but also unbearably sad. I was physically crying reading it.

Have you read any book that you disliked so much you threw it across the room?
Yes! Too many to mention unfortunately. I tend to get rid of books I don’t like so they don’t offend my eyes. I cannot understand people who plough on with books they aren’t enjoying right to end! You could be spending that time reading something great!

What advice would you give to anyone who wants to take part or what to set up a book blog?
I’d say just DO IT! It’s so easy to get a free blog site and get writing. You can also contact publishers for book proofs, or even pop into bookshops and ask if they have any that are going spare. You can always tell them that you will write a review about it for their store or website in return. That way you can get a review out for a book that isn’t on the shelves yet, and who knows, maybe the publisher will quote you on the cover!

Now, to ask five fun quick-fire questions. What song are you listening to right now?
The theme tune to Britain’s Next Top Model – it’s my guiltiest of guilty pleasures!

MySpace, Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook and Twitter! What’s MySpace again…..?

Hardback, paperbacks or eBooks?
eBooks make me scream! It will be a cold day in hell when I get any such device. Paperbacks always – the more bashed up the better!

Letters, phone, texting or emailing?
Letters and texting!

Zombies or unicorns?
Zombicorns? They would be awesome.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I have only just seen this! I feel flickers of fame! Thanks so much for asking me your questions!

    ReplyDelete