Thursday 30 June 2011

Meet The Blogger - Cheezyfeet Books

This is third true Meet The Blogger post (and the last for this lovely month of June) and I hope you are liking the previous blogs in this "Series" (is that what we call this? A Series?).

This week's Meet The Blogger is Bella from Cheezyfeet Books! Check her blog out at http://www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com/!

When did you start blogging?
1st July 2010

What made you start blogging?
I was on amazon, looking for a book to read, and I was coming up blank for something good that I hadn’t already read. I then thought that there must be other teens like me who couldn’t find any new books to read, so I made a blog, which was initially just to recommend to people, and then I was googling other blogs, and I discovered the book blogging community, so I thought I’d start reviewing books too :)

What was the first book you reviewed for your blog and what was your reaction to it?
I think my first book I reviewed was Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston. I really enjoyed the book, but as it was my first review and I wasn’t going to be reviewing books seriously at the time, it wasn’t very good, and I ended up deleting it and then reviewing it again later on after I’d reread it!

When was the first time you realised you were a Book Blogger?
When I first properly started blogging, because I’d had my blog for about 2 months, but I didn’t post very regularly, or when I did, I posted loads. It wasn’t until I’d stumbled across some other blogs like The Story Siren, that I realised there was a whole ‘community’ who were doing just the same thing as what I wanted to be doing, which is when I realised that I could call myself a book blogger.

How much of your time a week do you spend blogging?
Too much of it! I tend to spend an hour on each review, and anywhere between 40 minutes and an hour and a half doing other posts, like memes, or features. Sometimes longer, if it’s an interview or guest post. So, I’d say I spend around 8 or 9 hours a week blogging. And then I spend way too much time on Twitter, talking about blogging and books...

Has your taste in book genres changed since starting the blog?
Definitely. When I first started blogging, I was very much a Twilight fan girl. Not that I’m not anymore, I’m just not as obsessed as I used to be. When I started my blog, all I read was anything that was paranormal romance. It didn’t matter whether it was about vampires or werewolves, faeries or something completely different, I would read it. And then I read The Hunger Games, and became obsessed with dystopian. Now though, I will read mostly anything as long as it is classed as YA, and I’m trying to widen my range of genres, to include everything from paranormal to historical to contemporary.

What book are you reading at the moment?
I’m 100 pages into Passion by Lauren Kate, which is the third book in the Fallen series. I didn’t really like the first book, Fallen, all that much, but the second book Torment was a lot better, and Passion is already very good :)

What book has got you very excited or made you cry?
The Hunger Games! The first book was amazing, it got me excited yet nervous about the reaping, and when I found out Prim had been chosen I felt sick, and then when Katniss volunteered herself I was happy but scared for her. Then in training it was all very exciting, but once in the arena it was terrifying. And then the Rue scene! Oh my gosh, I have never cried so much at a book in my life! Apart from maybe at the end of Mockingjay, but still, The Hunger Games series was one of the most intense emotional rollercoasters I have ever experienced :L

Have you read any book that you disliked so much you threw it across the room?
I didn’t physically throw it across the room, because that would bend the spine or tear the pages (and we can’t have that), but I have hated a book that I had to take it back to the library as soon as possible because I didn’t want it on my bookshelf any longer. What book was it? It was The Fledgling Handbook 101 by PC Cast. I have never been so bored reading a book in my entire life. I skipped out a lot of it, and I the bits I did read I had no interest in. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the House of Night series, but that companion novel was one that I really didn’t need to read. I am so glad I got it out of the library and didn’t spend my own money on it.

What advice would you give to anyone who wants to take part or what to set up a book blog?
Don’t blog for the free books. It really shows in both your reviews and your attitude to blogging. You should only blog if you enjoy the reviewing part of the process, and if reading is your passion. If you are just blogging to get the free books, it really shows, and it makes me sad that there are blogs out there who get so many free books, and then don’t take the time to really think about the book and give it a proper review. Your reviews don’t have to be long, they just need to be well thought out and well written, and written from the heart. Cheesy, I know, but it’s true.

Now, to ask five fun quick-fire questions. What song are you listening to right now?
I’m not! But if I was it would probably be something from P!nk’s I’m Not Dead album :D

MySpace, Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter for people I wish I knew personally, and Facebook for my real life friends and CityVille. And I’ve never actually been on MySpace, nor do I ever intend to.

Hardback, paperbacks or eBooks?
I love my Kindle! :D But, I can’t carry it around because I don’t have a case yet (I really need to buy one), so I have to take paperbacks or hardbacks when I go out. So I prefer a paperback because it’s lighter and easier to read, but hardbacks are prettier and are more satisfying to have on my shelf.

Letters, phone, texting or emailing?
I like emailing (or tweeting) because it’s free :D But I do like long phone conversations :)

Zombies or unicorns?
Never read a unicorn book, so zombies! And they’re cool, they eat people.

2 comments:

  1. And all this from a random idea I had on a Bank Holiday Monday. Am so happy I thought of this. It's so much fun to see how other bloggers work on their blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete