Friday 1 April 2011

The Silence - A Short Story

I was meant to put some writing on the blog last night, but I had a bit of a problem. Ok, I was a bit lazy. But I have been keeping my writing quiet the past few days because a short story I was writing had me in two minds due to recent events in the news. Plus, a tiny part of my feels a bit guilty that I haven't been doing much editing for my main story or writing the other main story (Confused?). So, I wanted to write something short and this is it.

This is something that popped into my head a few days ago and, after manically writing it down, I liked it quite a lot. I might use it in the future (with a few word changes), but I thought I would share with you. ENJOY!

*

“What do you know about The Silence?”
“The Silence?”
“It's a creature older than Time itself. It hides in the shadows. It hides in the darkness. It hides, only to be seen out of the corner of your eye. It is a creature more terrifying than any other creature alive. No human has seen it. And if they have, they suffer a fate worse than death.”
Pause. “There's no such thing.”
“Are you certain about that?”

No comments:

Post a Comment