Wednesday 7 April 2010

Books and Their Theme Songs

So, who does what I do? As a reader, if you're reading a book and a song suddenly comes up on your iPod or on the radio (or you just think of it) and it suddenly becomes that book's Theme Song?

Cos I do that all the time. As a reader and as someone who writes. But I'm intriguied on what songs you thought of and to what books? Am curious, so I thought that if I name a few books and their "theme song", you guys would tell me some books you've read and their theme song?

Sounds fair, right?

So, here's a few of mine with the videos of songs under it (thanks YouTube!)

Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare = "The Walk" by Imogen Heap (well, most songs on her "Speak For Yourself" album are perfect for the books!)


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - It's called either "Cold Fame" or "Cold Flame" by Band of Skulls (The title varies, but on my iPod, it's called "Cold Fame".)


"If I Stay" by Gayle Forman = "Off I Go" by Greg Laswell (I love this song a STUPID amount! I write to this song all the time!)


"Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick = "Your Guardian Angel" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.


Now, it's your turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment